The single largest fundraiser for the VOCM Cares Foundation is the Lions Club/VOCM Cares Super Radio Bingo. Bingo runs for an hour every Saturday evening on all stations of the VOCM/CFCB Network and BIG Land Labrador’s FM.
The hour consists of four different bingo games.
Prizes are as follows:
- First Game = $500
- Second Game = $1,000
- Third Game = $1,500
- Fourth Game is an escalating Jackpot that grows until it is maxed.
Bingo games run for 14 weeks on Saturday evenings in the Fall (September to December) and another 14 weeks in the winter (January to April). Each evening begins at 6 pm in Newfoundland And 5:30 pm in Labrador.
Cards are distributed throughout the province by Lions Club members, as well as individual sellers where there are no active Lions Clubs. Cards are only $3 each and can be purchased at most retail outlets where you see the colourful bingo posters.
Click here for a full list of sales locations province-wide.
Please see the Radio Bingo rules below:
We play four (4) games of Bingo
- Game One: Less than a full card game: Prize is $500
- Game Two: Less than a full card: Prize is $1,000
- Game Three: Full Card Game: Prize $1,500
- Game Four: Escalating Jackpot Game:
- Jackpot is awarded for a full card in 50 numbers or less;
- Winner must call 1-877-333-IWIN (4946) before the 51st number is called to stop the game and claim the escalating jackpot prize;
- First caller with a good bingo will stop the game;
- If there is more than one winner the prize is divided equally;
- Maximum Jackpot is approximately $7,500 or more;
- Prize increases each week if it is not claimed;
- Consolation prize is awarded if the escalating jackpot is not claimed
*All winners must present their winning bingo card as proof of winnings, as per lottery license requirements.
Cards are to be dropped off to VOCM Cares Foundation, located at 391 Kenmount Rd. or mailed to:
Lions Club/VOCM Cares Radio Bingo. PO Box 8590, St. John’s, NL, A1B 3P5
Important to note: Number 3 and 4 listed above apply to all four (4) games.
If you wish to pass along any comments or concerns e-mail email@example.com
Have your say. Make a suggestion for Game #2 by filling out the form below: