We're Hiring - Project/Program Coordinator
We’re hiring! VOCM Cares Foundation is looking for a motivated individual who is passionate about strengthening local communities and helping charities carry out their mission. If you’re ready for a unique opportunity to work on fundraising events and community service initiatives, while also gaining insight into the world of radio, we want to hear from you. See the posting below for more information including the submission deadline and requirements.
VOCM Cares Foundation
Permanent Full-Time Position – St. John’s, NL
VOCM Cares Foundation is committed to strengthening communities in Newfoundland and Labrador by supporting charitable causes and initiatives involving the health, education and safety of the community at large. VOCM Cares Foundation is the central point of community involvement for Stingray Radio stations in Newfoundland and Labrador.
The Project Coordinator will support and expand an active community program in a fast-paced charitable environment. Reporting to and working closely with the Development Director, key responsibilities for this role include:
- Event/Project management – Plan and implement annual fundraisers and partnered community events.
- Social media management – Oversee and grow the Foundation’s profile via social media channels, including secondary event pages.
- Relationship management – Establish and maintain key connections with donors, charities, sponsors, and community partners.
- Volunteer program development – Recruit and maintain database of key volunteers. Oversee successful execution of Gordon Seabright Volunteer of the Year Program.
- Fund Development – Assist with and execute fund development plan in order to successfully acquire and steward donors, generate new revenue, and meet and exceed fundraising targets.
- Board of Directors Relations – Assist with meeting prep, meeting minutes, and follow-up communications.
- Community and Media Relations – Participate in third-party events, corporate supporter campaigns, and charity recipient programs/initiatives. Act as foundation spokesperson where needed/possible.
- Accounting/Database management – Assist with accounting and database needs, including but not limited to, bank deposits, reconciliations, payment processing, etc.
Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have/is:
- Undergraduate degree in public relations, marketing, or fundraising.
- Experience (minimum 2 years) in non-profit sector. Previous experience in sales, and/or account management will also be considered.
- Experience (minimum 2 years) in event planning (coordination and execution).
- Highly organized, with attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive partnerships both internally and externally.
- Strong written communication skills. Experience in writing persuasively is considered an asset.
- Independent and adaptable with a willingness to be flexible and effectively manage multiple projects within a fast-paced, and ever-changing work environment.
- High degree of initiative, independence and self-motivation.
- Experience with social media.
- Experience and/or knowledge of Sage 50 accounting program, as well as related clerical and administrative experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with website content, updates and maintenance.
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required, as well as occasional travel throughout the Province.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
Please forward your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com
Applications must be received by Monday, January 30 at 5:00 pm NL time. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this position, complete the following Employment Equity Self-Identification Form: www.stingray.com/employment-equity-survey
Stingray Radio supports the principles of Employment Equity is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve. Women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of racialized groups are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.
Stingray Radio requires all applicants to be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.